No gnomes this time! When I saw the theme for this week on illustration friday, it was an abstract network that came to my mind.
Here is what I made it with:
- A piece of cardboard from a post package as a “canvas”
- Envelopes that once contained tax returns, a letter from my grandma and whatnot
- Colorful bits from selected pages of catalogues, tracts, museum brochures and recycling instructions. (I keep these organized by colors in a box that’s moved with me in three different places. Crazy ?) I chose only mat papers so that I wouldn’t get any reflections when taking a picture with the flash.
- Homemade wheatpaste. It has the perfect drying time for this kind of work and it’s super efficient.
- Tools: scissors, a scalpel knife and self healing cutting mat. Oh, and washers as circle-drawing guides!