Something nice happened! Sohini, a writer whose blog I discovered a while ago through the Weekly Photo Challenge, nominated me for the Liebster Award. This award, given by bloggers to bloggers, is a way to celebrate the blogging community and get to know more people. Thank you, Sohini!
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers, and notify them.
- Ask those you nominate 11 of your own questions.
Some Things About Me
1. When I was a kid, I attempted to write several novels. They all went like this: “Chapter 1”. Now I write blog posts, which perhaps sounds less ambitious, but I write. Which is what I wanted to do in the first place!
2. I studied physics because I wanted to study something based on rational reasoning. At the time I thought that rational reasoning only happened in natural sciences (and math, but I really suck at math).
3. I have since learned that this is far from true, and that rational reasoning also happens in social sciences or philosophy, for example.
4. I’m so glad I understand that now.
5. I always have to take a LOT of photos before I get one that looks more or less like what I want.
6. I’m often wondering what I should blame on my camera, and what I should blame on myself. Probably not so much on the camera, I’m afraid!
7. There are some art & craft tools I wish I had started using earlier: a rotary cutter, a self-healing cutting mat, and good watercolor paper, for example.
8. One day I will try to make a linocut print with a pasta machine. Yeah. Like that.
9. My desk is made from an old shipping pallet. It’s awesome.
10. Right now I’m reading East Of Eden, by John Steinbeck.
11. I like the color red.
Some Things Sohini Asked Me
1. When and why did you start blogging?
About two years ago, when I desperately needed a way to maintain my sanity while trying to decide whether to stay in academia or do something else with my life.
2. What is your favourite thing to do?
Do I really have to pick one? I can’t!
3. How long did it take you to come up with a name for your blog?
Hum, this is a little embarrassing, since my blog is pretty much named after me…
4. What is the best first line of a book you’ve ever read?
“Yes, of course, if it’s fine tomorrow,” said Mrs Ramsay.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Right here, in a little red house in the North of Sweden.
6. Tell me a joke?
7. What is a talent or accomplishment of yours that you’re proud of?
I have a nice handwriting. I wish this made me a writer, but it’s not that simple, is it?
8. What is the best thing a person can say to you?
Interesting. I’m not sure how this is going to make me sound, but here goes: I completely agree with what Mia Wallace said to Vincent Vega that night at Jack Rabbit Slim’s: “that’s when you know you’ve found somebody really special: when you can shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably share a silence”.
9. What is the worst thing a person can say to you?
See my answer to the previous question, I guess 😉
10. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
The power to give myself any superpower, if that’s possible. But otherwise, just the power to remain calm while untangling yarn when all I want to do is to finish knitting that F****** sock. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrgh!
11. Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry?
Ah! Here I’m having a dilemma between fussiness and greediness. I’d say chocolate & vanilla or vanilla & strawberry, but absolutely not chocolate & strawberry. Don’t ask me why.
Some Talented People I’m Nominating For The Award
Alisa at Sweet Afternoons
Anya at Stitch Scribble And Smile
Fabio at Highlighting The Good And The Beautiful Around Us
Katie at Scissors, Glue and Paper Happiness
Lena at I Picture This
Martin at Martin Karlsson
Penny at Penny’s Space
Sharon at Monday Tuesday Wednesday
Some Things I’d Like To Ask Them
1. How do you feel when you look at artwork you made/photos you took several years ago?
2. Will you make me discover another artist that inspires you?
3. Digital or paper-based?
4. Is there a tool you’re using to make art that you wish you had heard of earlier?
5. Any software you can’t do without?
6. If you happen to lack inspiration, where do you go to find some?
7. If you feel that something you’ve created is not good enough, how do you find ideas and motivation to make it better?
8. If you heard someone saying to an artist “why don’t you go get a real job ?”, how would you react?
9. If I say “physics”, what’s the first word that comes to your mind?
10. If I had to read one book, which one should it be?
11. What languages do you speak? read? understand?
Thank you all for reading, and have a lovely weekend!
find me elsewhere
bloglovin’ || pinterest || twitter